Foundation Training Classes
Our Foundation Training program is (typically) a 12-week, 30-minute group class based on exercises from Eric Goodman's Foundation Training. It is faster paced and more demanding than Functional Motion and promotes deep decompression breathing, pelvic anchoring + whole body integration.
We use a combination of powerful movements, intentional poses and conscious breathing work to activate the muscles of the posterior chain. Here are a few benefits many of our individual and group class clients have experienced:
- Increased torso, pelvis and backside strength
- Hips reclaim their intended role as the epicenter of movement
- Decompression of spine and torso
- Increased capacity for breathing = increased oxygen levels (a client with cystic fibrosis began breathing better)
- Your muscles learn to correctly support your structure and your posture improves
- Your whole body becomes integrated and moves more efficiently
This class is designed for anyone in their teens or older. I have an 88 year old client who is has found new strength through these exercises! All ages and fitness abilities will benefit from Foundation Training because it teaches your body to move as it was designed to move.
Foundation Training - Goodson
Mondays 5 p - 5:30 p
Apr 2 - May 21 (7 Classes only - no class 5/14)
Equipment: Yoga mat